This is the official document (corrected to December 14, 1943) describing the structure. It shows that it was transferred to the Army on July 26, 1943. Once this building was complete the old (1908) Groupment and Fort Command Post a few hundred yards away was demolished to start construction on the new Harbor Entrance Control Post (Navy)/Harbor Defense Command Post (Army).

Photo album created with Web Album Generator